The University has a number of Recognised and Affiliated Colleges and in lprincipal States and cities of the country. These colleges are autonomous bodies having submitted to the directional control of the University and its authorities and conform to strict standards of education and training prescribed by the University. Some of these colleges are also conducting Postal Coaching and Correspondence Lessons for the University Courses. A number of these Colleges have Hostel facilities and Library and Sports arrangements. Practical training is provided by these colleges within the college premises or by arrangement with other concerns whereby a student is initiated to actual working conditions as required by the Course
A LIST OF THESE COLLEGES APPEARS IN APPENDIX B
Candidates can join any of these colleges, conform to their Rules and Regulations, pay off the required tuition and other fees to the College and undergo regular Course of Studies as a bonafied Student of the College for University Course.
STUDENTS FACILITIES IN COLLEGES
- The Recognised Colleges have mostly their own Campuses and coaching facilities. Highly qualified Lecturers and trained Teachers impart Education to Students. Besides Class Room Studies, arrangements for practical workshop trainings are also available within the Colleges Campuses as also under arrangements with other business and industrial concerns in close proximity.
- Hostel accommodation is available with a number of colleges within the colleges campus or in nearby area. Boarding & lodging is provided for students on payment of nominal charges.
- Library facilities are available for Students within the College Campuses.
- Sports & games facilities are available
- The University recommends for providing of all the above mentioned facilities within the College Campus. However, some Colleges have made external arrangements to provide for these facilities. Such Colleges not having these facilities presently are encouraged to provide for the same.
- Separate arrangements for Girls and Boys are available. Colleges hold regular group discussions and Seminars for exchange of ideas among the students as also the Authorities in various fields of Professions and Education are invited to give educative lectures to students.
- Most of the Colleges have Students Unions who assist in the existence of healthy and cordial relations between the management and the Students.
- The College tuition fees as per the Colleges Schedule are, however, payable by the student directly to the college in addition to the fees paid to the University. After enrolment under various study Schemes and admission to the College, the student will receive regular Courses of Studies and lectures whether by personal class-room studies or through correspondence for the particular Course and receive all guidance from the said College with respect of Studies. Education, practical training and examinations. The College will also assist the students in procurement of books for study in addition to providing them with courses of studies and lessons.
Regulation & Affiliation of Colleges
The University may found, establish new Colleges and recognise and affiliate such existing colleges which apply for and submit to the control of the University and The A I. C. A and declare to be bound by their Rules of Regulations. The procedure of affiliation of College is stated in Appendix E . The Rules & Regulations and functional requirements and directions of Recognised and Affiliated Colleges are stated in Appendix F and may be referred therefrom. The Colleges Conduct Rules are stated in Appendix G .
Inspection of College
The inspection of colleges applying for recognition by and affiliation with the University is recommended prior to grant of such Recognition.
- The Wkg. Syndicate /Executive Council may cause any College to be inspected from time to time by the Inspector of Institutes so appointed in this behalf
- The Working Syndicate /Executive Council may direct a College to take such actions as may appear to be necessary for proper conduct and function of the College based on the Inspection Report of the Inspector of Institutes. Reasonable time may, however be granted to College in this context.
Suspension /Disaffiliation of College
- Proven cases of mismanagement, cheating or dis-obedience to University directives, contravention of University Rules & Regulations may render any Institute or College liable to suspension or to disaffiliation from the University. The decision to suspend the College shall be taken by the Wkg. Syndicate /Executive Council who shall notify the decision to the Registrar. The Registrar shall have the powers to reconsider and scrutinise the decision or decide to disaffiliate the College based on the representation by the Management of such College
Disaffiliation of Colleges
- After the disaffiliation action has been approved by the University, the College shall be duly notified of such disaffiliation and public notification to relevant authorities be given by the University restraining such College from further functioning as Affiliated College Recognised by this University and such actions may be taken as may be deemed fit to safeguard the interests of the students who may have enrolled for the University Courses in such College.
FOR CENTRE CONDUCT RULES KINDLY REFER TO APPENDIX G TO THE CALENDAR
Procedure for Enrolment for Bonafide Students
- Candidates desiring to study and enrol for University Courses may write directly to the University or may contact any of the Recognised and Affiliated Colleges of the University and seek details of enrolment and eligibility conditions prescribed for entrance to the Courses as stated in Appendix K . The Principal of such College shall satisfy with respect of the eligibility of the admission of a candidate to a particular Course in accordance with the eligibility conditions prescribed by the University as provided in Appendix K , and shall require the candidate to submit all his Original Certificates and Testimonials is support of the qualifications claimed. Subject to satisfaction, the candidate maybe enrolled for the respective Course and be directed to undergo the regular Course of Studies prescribed by the University in accordance with the Curriculla of Studies, Syllabus of Courses and Examinations prescribed. The Curriculla of studies in notified in Appendix L .
The Candidate shall enrol with the said College, remit the prescribed Admission and Tuition Fees directly to the College in accordance with the College Schedule of Fees prescribed by the college and undergo regular course of Studies by way of personal class room teaching or Correspondence Course, as the case may be for the time period prescribed in Curriculla of Studies ( Appendix L ).
- It shall be the sole responsibility of the College to ensure that only such candidates are enrolled for a course who fulfil the minimum eligibility conditions for entrance to the course /Examination as prescribed in Appendix K . The College has the responsibility to provide regular courses of Teaching to students in accordance with the syllabus of respectives courses and to ensure that the complete curriculla of studies prescribed for the respective Course in Appendix L is fully and completely followed by the candidate. In even of default in attendance or conformity to disciplinary requirements of College or non-remittance of College fees due as per College Tuition Fee schedule, the College is entitled to with-hold further coaching and to reject the candidature of such defaulting student. Only students (a) possessing the minimum eligibility conditions for entrance to the course (b) having undergone prescribed Course of Studies and attend minimum number of 75 % of lectures (c) having paid college tuition and other fees in full to the college (d) having paid Universitys Examination Fees & Subscription as per schedule in full to the College will be allowed by the college to fill in the University Examinations Enrolment Form and the Form will be certified by the College and forwarded with total fees payable to the University.
- In event of an Examination Enrolment Form being forwarded by a College to the University with respect of a candidate not qualifying the conditions prescribed in Rule 50 (I) hereabove, the University will have a right to reject the candidature of such student.
- In event of a candidate having wrongful enrolment to the University Examination in contravention of the provisions of the Rules of the University in general the University has a right to reject the candidature of such student at any time such discrepancy or mistake or international misconduct or mis-representation whether on the part of the student or the college is noticed and the University is hereby expressly absolved of any responsibility or liability in such event.
- In event of a student having wrongly sought admissions to the college by his own misrepresentation, or got enrolment to University Examination by such wrongful act international or otherwise, or having qualified the Examination and having obtained the certificate of having qualified the Examination from the University by such acts, the University has a right to (a) Cancel the Examination of such student, if held, ( b) cancel the results of such students. If declared (c) With-hold or withdraw the certificate. Diploma or Degree, if any, issued (d) take such legal measures, both civil and criminal against such student and / or against such college forwarding the candidature. In such event student will have no claims whatsoever against the University which is expressly absolved of any liability, both civil or criminal, in such event.
Commercial University Limited is a Private University founded by The All – India Commercial Association in 1940 at Lahore and is a university incorporated under a central act being central act I of 1956. It is not recognised by the U. G. C.. Its Certificates, Diploma and Degrees are not specifically recognised by the Central or any State Government. Recognition thereof is discretionary on the part of the persons concerned.
The CUL establishes and maintains high standards of education, training and examinations at all levels. This fact has earned for it a high reputation and public acceptability of its course, examinations and awards.
Many employer concerns, including private companies and MNC’s accept its awards for staff placements in their concerns. However, recognition thereof is entirely discretionary.